Many people love to fish while they are camping, and North Carolina trout fishing is at its finest here at Indian Creek Campground. We sell reservation fishing permits in our camp store. Here's the scoop on fishing Bunches Creek (which runs through our campground):
- Bunches Creek is stocked by the Cherokee Fisheries and Wildlife Management Program
- Fishing on the Reservation is open 50 weeks of the year. It closes for 2 weeks, reopening on the last Saturday of March.
- The trophy catch & release (fly fishing only) section is open year round. This area requires a $25.00 fee in addition to your regular permit fee.
- 1 day permit-$10.00, 2 day permit-$17.00, 3 day permit-$27.00, 5 day permit-$47.00
- Permits are for consecutive days only
- Fishing allowed from 1 hour before sunrise to 1 hour after sunset
- 10 fish limit per permit/per day
- No size limit
- Children 11 years and younger may fish free when accompanied by a permitted adult.
So, come on out and enjoy trout fishing at Indian Creek!
Tucked in the Great Smoky Mountains is the historic town of Cherokee, North Carolina. Descendants of the Cherokee Native Americans still remain in the mountains of Western North Carolina. Many visitors come to Cherokee to visit Harrah's Casino and Hotel and the many cultural entities such as the Museum of the Cherokee Indian, Unto These Hills Outdoor Drama and the Oconaluftee Indian Village.
Harrah's Casino offers live celebrity entertainment from people such as Travis Tritt or Willie Nelson and gaming 24 hours a day.
Others visit Cherokee to enjoy many other activities such as shopping, horseback riding, tubing, white water rafting, gem mining and hiking, just to name a few. Or....just come to the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains and enjoy the spectacular mountain views.
|Smoky Mountain National Park||20 min||Nantahala River Rafting||45 min|
|Harrah's Casino||30 min||Cherokee Bingo||30 min|
|Downtown Cherokee||20 min||Gem Mining||20 min|
|Great Smoky Mountain Railway||45 min||"Unto These Hills" Drama||20 min|
|Horseback Riding||20 min||Cherokee Indian Museum||20 min|
|Fontana Lake & Dam||60 min||Oconaluftee Indian Village||20 min|
|Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge||35 miles||Dillsboro||30 min|
|Blue Ridge Parkway||20 min|